WELCOME . . .
I'm Julie Jo, former college newsroom junkie and PR girl, now a freelance writer and editor with two desks. This is the one I doodle on about past, present, and future clinking glasses and making peace.
More from Inside THIS Desk
Subscribe to receive updates from Carvings on a Desk
- Female Brains and Fireworks
- The Gift for Flight
- Back to Real Life
- Life is Like a Crate of Oranges
- Hello Deer with the Broken Ear
- HERE IN THE MIDDLE Is Here!
- The Force of Goodness
- Widening Ripples
- The Story Before the Story
- Generations of Mothers
- When Pieces of Us Get Swooped Away by Motherhood
- If I Were a Tree
- Roll Call
- After the Snowflakes Settle
- The Magical Mirror
- “Stay True” Little Chalky, Corn-syrupy Affirmations
- Hmmmmmm (a silly, little grammar lesson)
- Moving Beyond the Gifts We Didn’t Get
- Charles Schulz and I Might’ve Drunk from the Same Water Fountain
- I Only Knew Her Peanut-Butter-Lovin’ Son from Fliers Taped on Storefronts